20030709: N-AWIPS V. GEMPAK

Dusty,

NAWIPS and GEMPAK are the same. NAWIPS was a name that NWS used as a transition
AWIPS strategy.

GEMPAK is a package that comprises many "programs". The GUI applications provide
a point and click interactive interface to some of the functionality that the
command line
(SF, SN, GD, GP) programs provide. When you run the program "ntl", it
provides a launcher bar that shows the available GUIs which can be executed
by clicking on the appropriate icon.

Steve Chiswell