20030707: Gempak - Linux - cannot run commands or files

>From: "Dusty Gillingham" <address@hidden>

>Institution: Physical Science Labrotory
>Package Version: 5.6
>Operating System: Linux
>Hardware Information: Dell Computer/2.4pent/512ddr/80gb
>Inquiry: To whom it may concern,
>I am having problems every time i try to run a Gempak program.  It doesn\'t ma
> tter if I\'m doing a snlist or sflist or whatever.  Everytime I type run on t
> he Gempak command line after doing an excat example of hurricane bob off the
> internet i get back the message:
>the save file Last.NTS is invalid
>cannot open file $GEMDATA/HRCBOB.SND
>File $GEMDATA/HRCBOB.SND could not be open.
>
>even if i try a different file i get the same message.  So I guess my question
>  is what is the file Last.NTS and where can i find it, and how can i fix it

Dusty,

After you have run a GEMPAK program, you will find 2 files in your
working directory:
gemglb.nts and last.nts

GEMPAK uses these files to remember the program settings, so you must have
write permission to the directory you are working in.

Typically, you will install GEMPAK under a manager account, and run the programs
as a different user. In your csh environment, you will source the
$NAWIPS/Gemenviron file to define the environmental variables

($GEMNTS is the directory of the GEMPAK distribution that defines default
values for variables if you don't have them already defined in gemglb.nts or
last.nts, and will be set after you have sourced Gemenviron)

Steve Chiswell