20030606: 20030605: Quick question on compiling gempak 5.6.j.

Stonie,

I introduced the .INIT in the make file rewrites a couple of
releases ago....but its easy enough to back out of that...
in only the top level makefile. It was just supposed to
be easier than making the all: dependent on the target that
.INIT uses.

To test gmake, you probably want to use the -v and -n flags
to look at the environment being used by the program.
It sounds as if the NA_OS variable isn't in the environment
so that the last line of Makeinc.common doesn't find
Makeinc.linux. If thats the case, and you are only building
on that one platform, I would probably change that last line to
include $(NAWIPS)/config/Makeinc.linux
and see if that succeeds.

Make sure you have sourced $NAWIPS/Gemenviron before building
and see if the script is bailing early for some reason.

Steve Chiswell