Re: 20030502: GDCROSS X axis labels, ticks, grid

Unidata Support wrote:

John,

GDCROSS does not have the XAXIS parameter in its parameter list,
so changing its value will have no effect. The program is currently
hardcoded to label the endpoints, but nothing else. I played around with the program GPANOT and it is possible to place text values for the labels, but this is not a general solution.

As today is Friday, and nobody else is here answering support,
I don't have time today to develop a solution for processing XAXIS
but will try to look at it next week (after preparing my policy committee
report of course!)

Thanks very much - I hadn't noticed that XAXIS was not in the parameter list - Duh. The hard coding of the endpoints appears to be consistent with an early message in the Support archives which notes that because the cross section can have an arbitrary orientation, the places where the X axis crosses cardinal values of Lat or Lon may be irregularly spaced and otherwise nontrivial. The particular plot I'm working on is quite boring in this regard. Of course I appreciate any help you can provide. My programmer is not an experienced Gempak coder, but she is very capable, and hints on how to cluge a local patch might be all
we need.                   John