20030429: Gempak 5.6j script colors

Mark,

Looking at your script, you are using the gpcolor program to set color values
after running your gdcntr program, which will not update the 16/24 bit color
indicies as it does in 8 bit, but rather will set the colors for the indicies
the next time the plot is drawn. It should work with 8 bit color if the DEVICE
is correctly set, but you would want to run gpcolor before running gdcntr to
have the desired effect in 16/24 bit.

My suggestion would be to create a version of coltbl.xwp for your work directory
that has the color values set for your plot, which will be faster than
making calls to gpcolor in your script, and make the script cleaner.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support