20030401: A curious [NGD 0] error in NMAP2

>From: address@hidden

>Hello Unidata support..
>
>I have been having some success at displaying our data in NMAP2. The images
>appear to be produced pretty well.
>
>However, even when images appear to be o.k. on the screen, I notice the
>ERROR box has turned red and says that I have [NGD 0] errors.
>
>I have not been able to find info on this.
>
>Would you have some info I could use to help eliminate this error?
>
>Many thanks in advance.
>
>Lewis Poulin
>CMC-Montreal

Lewis,
The value of the error return of "0" being printed out means that
the plot succeeded. You should only need to worry about these if
the status is non-zero.

I see where the logging exists in $GEMPAK/source/programs/gui/nmap2/nmap_dsp.c
(line 1171), ane the call to er_wmsg should likely check first

if (ier != 0)
        er_wmsg...

That would avoid unnecessary truning the error button RED.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata WWW Service              http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/support