20030310: gpcolor fails in > 8-bit color in 5.6.h

Kevin,

This appears to work under my development tree of 5.6.J which
does include some additional changes in the display drivers since 5.6.H
(due to byte flipping ...eg PCs). I will verify this on all our other
platforms as well.

Some notes on changing the color table entries:

1) the change of color won't take effect until the display is redrawn,
(unlike the indexed color map in 8bit where you change the color of the
index directly...here you are changing the index location), so
make the COLOR assigments in gpcolor before running your program (or
use the MAP=6=red in line as you mention.

2) If you freqently make the same color table changes, eg setting the
background to white, you can copy $GEMTBL/colors/coltbl.xwp to
your working directory and set the color entry in the file (the first color
is the bakground color) and coltbl.xwp will be read locally before looking in
$GEMTBL/colors.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support