20030303: Gempak Scripts

Jim,

When running your scripts from cron, I'd suggest creating a unique
working directory to ensure that you don't have multiple copies of
scripts working in the same place....which also makes debugging easier
since you won't have other scripts stepping on your debug infomation.

Typically, you can use the process ID like:
set WORK=/tmp/gemwrk.$$
mkdir $WORK
cd $WORK
.....script stuff....
cd /tmp
rm -rf $WORK

I'd suggest looking to see if you have any gplt's hanging around and
check the "ipcs" output. Your problem could be as simple as the script executing
from
cron not being able to change to the expected directory, or more than one
program writing to the gemglb.nts file and changing your expected input.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support