20030225: 20030224: GEMPAK RH8.0 Xvfb

Daryl,

Since you are able to get correct looking plots with one version of Xvfb, I
would doubt
that the discrepancy lies within GEMPAK. But, could you be finding an old
version of the
GF driver, or gplt from a previous GEMPAK distribution? Double check your
GEMEXE variable
as well as your path. That would wreak havoc with versionitis, but really
wouldn't
explain the Xvfb differences except that the X11 shareable libraries might be
out of
date wrt one of the XVFB versions.

Have you tried setting the depth to 24 bits (you mentioned trying it at 16
bits) as well
as 8 bits. It would seem that the slant is caused by an incorrect length
(number of pixels) on the line.
Try using the default (900x700) geometry (it looked like you were using
something else
from the web gif I saw).

Presumably you don't have the same problems when using your X console directly
instead of
the virtual frame buffer.

Steve Chiswell