20030130: GINI radar color enhancement in NMAP2

Climt,

It sounds like your $GEMTBL/sat/imgtyp.tbl file isn't current
(since I added the GINI's to the FNEXRAD data stream) to
be able to identify the color enhancement for the product.

You should have:
! Unidata GINI composite RADAR (ranges as defined in unidata/nex2gini.tbl)
RADAR                N0Z           0    255     11  2**24      1 osf_ref16.tbl
RADAR                NET           0    255     11  2**25      1 upc_net.tbl
RADAR                N0R           0    105     11  2**26      1 upc_rad24.tbl
RADAR                NCR           0    105     11  2**27      1 upc_rad24.tbl
RADAR                NVL           0    255     11  2**28      1 upc_nvl.tbl
RADAR                N1P           0    255     11  2**29      1 upc_n1p.tbl
RADAR                NTP           0    255     11  2**30      1 upc_ntp.tbl

What version are you running? Is this 8 bit or 24 bit?

Are you loading from "SAT" or "RAD" in the image chooser. Here I'm loading
from SAT since that is my tree that has al the GINI's. If you load from RAD,
then
the colors are in the radar color segment which is allocated for 20 colors,
whereas
from SAT, it is using the satellite  segment which has 95 colors.
(I have a more colorful upc_rad105.tbl table which would only be useful in the
satellite
color segment).

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support