20030116: 20021210: GEMPAK: Soil Temperature/Moisture

Patrick,

That looks like the picture I plot, with values of 1 ringing the
coasts, lakes, etc.

You may want to look at some material describing the use of Soil moisture
and temperature in models, such as:
http://meted.ucar.edu/nwp/pcu2/etsoil1.htm

or the www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov site.

Steve Chiswell