20030106: HAXA00 grid?

Robert,

The bulletin is still HAXA00 KWBC (though accoring to an admin message
a while back, this will become HAXA00 KWN. in the future...so I
use the pattern HAXA00 K... to ensure receiving the bulletin
when the change occurs).

I looked at one of the raw bulletins we are receiving
(recall you can use notifyme to verify that you are receiving the
bulletin, and pqcat to dump out the raw bulletin from the queue
if you are not otherwise filing it), and the grib portion of the
bulletin does not end with "7777". Instead, it only has "777".
Any grib decoder should verify that "7777" is found at the correct
position from the PDS block, and reject it otherwise. I verified that
DCGRIB2 and gribdump from the Unidata decoders package both reject the
bulletin, and pqing from the LDM package will also log the bulletin as
not conforming.

So, it appears that there is a problem at the NWS where the GRIB is
created.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support