Re: 20021025: gdcntr malfunction?

Art,

In GDCNTR, the IM_LUTF call is currently before the call to
clear the screen, and this wipes out the lut for the 24 bit xw
driver where the lut is only available after a reload.
A feature introduced the changes to the xw driver were made.

In your copy of $GEMPAK/source/programs/gd/gdcntr/gdcntr.f,
you can comment out the call to IM_LUTF following the
GG_PANL calol and instead add a call between the
GCLEAR and IM_DROP calls like:

C*              Draw contours.
                IF  ( proces )  THEN
C*                Clear screen if requested.
                  IF  ( clear )  CALL GCLEAR ( ier )
C*                Apply LUT file first time  (add the 2 lines below )
                  IF  ( first )
     +                 CALL IM_LUTF ( lutfil, ier )
C*                Display satellite image, if desired.
                  IF ( ( idrpfl .eq. 1 ) .or.
     +                 ( idrpfl .eq. 0 .and. clear ) ) THEN
                       CALL IM_SBAR ( imbar, iret )
                       CALL IM_DROP ( iret)
                  END IF

Steve Chiswell