20021023: converting GINI composite radar image values to dbZ

David,

I provide a calibration block in the image (in the unused portion
of the GINI header) that is used to obtain the image calibration bar
values.

I created a section of code in $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/im/imgi2gm.f
with:
C*      Get calibration Block if it exists.
C*      Currently, only Unidata calibrations exist, using
C*          Word 47 = 128
C*      to signal that a calibration block is present.
At present the format is the number of calibration ranges N, followed by
N * 4 values where each set of 4 represents the pixel min, max and
data value min max they corespond to.

Recall that these are created from the Level 3 images which are already
sampled to a limited number of data ranges.

Steve Chiswell