20021018: Linking error on installation

Nancy,

Your build stops at:
cc -DUNDERSCORE -DOSF1 -I/huser/gempak/gempak/include -O0  -c clipvgf.c
 f77 -I/huser/gempak/gempak/include -I/huser/gempak/gempak/include/OSF1 -O0
-nofor_main clipvgf.o /huser/gemp
ak/lib/osf/ginitp_alt.o /huser/gempak/lib/osf/gendp_alt.o
/huser/gempak/lib/osf/cgemlib.a  /huser/gempak/lib/o
sf/gemlib.a  /huser/gempak/lib/osf/gplt.a  /huser/gempak/lib/osf/device.a
/huser/gempak/lib/osf/gn.a  /huser/g
empak/lib/osf/gemlib.a -lm -o clipvgf
ld:
Unresolved:
gp_azdr_
dswndw_

Its likely that the repeated attemps to build aren't accomplishing anything
because the
object files are still sitting in those directories, though not added to the
library.
For example, there is probably gpazdr.o sitting in $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/gp
directory.

Run a "make clean" before "make all" in your re-attempt. The make clean
will remove the .o files in any directories that were supposed to be added to
the archive.

Here is a script that I used to automatically restart the build should this
condition happen:

#!/bin/csh -f

set STATUS=1

while ( $STATUS != 0 )

   make all >>& make.${NA_OS}

   set STATUS=$status

   if($STATUS != 0) then
      echo "restarting build" >>& make.${NA_OS}
      make clean >>& make.${NA_OS}
   endif
end

make install programs_gf programs_nc >>& make.${NA_OS}
set STATUS=$status

if($STATUS == 0) make clean >>& make.${NA_OS}

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support