20020830: gdplot wind problem with AVN thin grids

Bill,

I have not been able to duplicate your problem using gdplot with the
avn thinned grids. Is this still the case with your thinned files?
If so, it would help if I compared your decoded file to mine as
well as seeing what my plot output was.

One possible reason for getting different looking plots
(assuming that the forecast time, level, and parameter were the same)
would be if you were using the GDFILE template, and the next 6 hour forecast
run had arrived so that you ended up with a diffeent grid file being accessed).

I'm assuming you were using GVECT=wnd?

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support