20020906: Problem with gempak decoders

>From: James Murakami <address@hidden>

>Hi.
>
>I've recently run into problems with the gempak decoders (doesn't decode the
>data). One error statement follows (other decoders show the same):
>
>ld.so.1: /unidata/ldm/5.6bin/bin/sol/dcmetr: fatal: relocation error:
>file /unidata/ldm/5.6bin/sol/dcmetr: symbol _ _s_wsFi_pv: referenced
>symbol not found
>
>I'm running gempak5.6f (binary version) on a SUN Ultra1 (using Solaris2.6).
>I had downloaded "sol_system_libs.tar.gz" some time ago because certain
>library files were present in the old solaris. Up till recently, decoding
>wasn't a problem.
>
>Any suggestions are welcome.
>
>James
>
>--------------------------------------
>James Murakami
>Staff Meteorologist/Student Affairs
>Department of Atmospheric Sciences
>University of California, Los Angeles
>405 Hilgard Ave.
>Los Angeles, CA  90095-1565
>

>   e-mail:  address@hidden
>telephone:  310-825-2418
>      Fax:  310-206-5219
>---------------------------------------

James,

You probably need to set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environmental variable
so that the libF77.so, libsunmath.so, etc are found (these are in the
tarfile you mentioned). Try using the "ldd dcmetr" command to see what
shareable libraries are being used- and if any are not being found.
If they aren't being found, then point the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to the
directory that you downloaded the Fortran libraries to. You will need the
environmental
variable set in the environment used by the LDM for pqact decoding as well.

Steve Chiswell