20020902: 5.6.h

Stonie,

Nothing advertised yet, as I am out of the office through next week.
Still have to make release notes etc, and will repack the tar files
when I get back with updated ldm entries etc., but in the mean time-
yes, I have incorporated 24 bit display woth the xw and gf driver and
have tested on Linux and SGI, and back and forth from big to little
endian and vice versa.

The only caveat is that ncolor is not a viable program under 24 bit,
and the fade bar in NMAP and Garpwill only update (reload) when
released (eg, not a continuous fade as in 8 bit since the entire
image has to be reloaded with the new color map).

Other than that, feel free to give it a try!

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support