20020717: gdplot2 contouring problem

>From: "CORENE J MATYAS" <address@hidden>

>Hi. I am trying to contour a regional radar mosaic created in gdradr in gdplot
> 2. If I set type = f and specify the intervals, colors, etc the image looks g
> reat. However when I set the type = c and specify the intervals, I do not get
>  lines but rather numbers that overlap each other and sort of fill in the are
> a where precip is occurring. Its as if instead of interpolating the gridded d
> ata with a line, gdplot2 is drawing the value of the grid square.
>My goal is to create a GIF containing a single contour line that I can import
> into GIS software for shape analysis. How can I get type = c to produce conto
> ur lines?
>Thanks for your help!

Corene,

The type=c does contour the data. But, it also labels the lines
(and defaults to line breaks for the labels).
Since the grid is very fine, you will have lots of individual cells getting
contours and labels.

You can control the line labeling in LINE- and can turn it off completely
if you are only doing a gif of a single value. For example,
to plot the 45 DBz contour without labels:

cint = /45/45
line = 5/1/1/0

Steve Chiswell