20020711: DSS090-Reanalysis/nmap nfg

John,

NMAP uses the file name templates in $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl
to identify which files would have given times in them. Generally,
the model templates are files such as YYYYMMDDHH. If you are
combining multiple analysis times in a file, then that could
be a problem with NMAP (and gdcntr if you are using the template
as the GDFILE instead of the actual file name).

Other than that, gdcntr shouldn't care if there are multiple
analysis times in a file.

The maximum number of grids in a file is currently 30,000
(the maximum number of headers).

The maximum number of grid times in a file is in GEMPRM.PRM:
        PARAMETER       ( LLMXGT =  1000   )
C!                                              Max # grid times

If you have 8 analysis times, you won't have a problem with the 1000
time limit (unless you have a couple of hundered forecast times
per analysis).

If you want to send me a file, you can ftp into the ~gbuddy/incoming
directory on ftp.unidata.ucar.edu using the old XXXXXX
password.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support