20020625: dcmetr: decode SPECIs in separate GEMPAK files?

>From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Christian_Pag=E9?= <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>
>I am using GEMPAK to decode METARs and list the data using SFLIST.
>I like the ability of GEMPAK to output decoded METARs only in specific
>regions and areas.
>Is it possible to run a separate instance of dcmetr to decode SPECIs
>into a separate file?
>Can I run dcmetr so that it output data with 1 min. bins to get all
>SPECIs?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Christian Page
>address@hidden
>http://meteocentre.com/    http://meteoalerte.com/
>
>Agent de recherche et de planif. +1 514 987 3000 ext. 2376
>Departement des Sci. de la Terre et de l'Atmosphere UQAM

Christian,

It is possible to run multiple copies of dcmetr as long as they do not
try to write to the same file.

Dcmetr does not currently have the capability to not bin the data.
The -m 72 flag for daily file (20 minute bins) is one hardcoded
option, otherwise the decoder always places obs in hourly bins.
I can see that it would be nice to create files where the
SPECIs are not binned. At present, up to 3 SPECIs per bin are stored
(with a set max size limit).

Steve Chiswell