help

Hello all,
I am fairly new to Gempak and I am already having some problems. When I try to run gdplot I get the following error:
Error in message send = 22
itype, ichan, nwords,1,-1,2
Creating process: gplt for queue -1
Error in message send = 22
itype, ichan, nwords,1,-1,3
Error in message send = 22
itype, ichan, nwords,1,-1,2
[GEMPLT -1]  NMBRER - Mailbox read

None of the gempak programs are working and I get similiar error messages as the one shown above.

Then I ran into another problem trying to run gdplot on another computer. I got the error message:

[GEMPLT -83] NDISP -DISPLAY not set or invalid

Anybody have any ideas of what is wrong and how to fix these problems?
I am new to gempak so please be gentle :)