Re: 20020304: nmap2 display problem

All,

Well, I've played with several different video Cards.

Matrox G450, Matrox G550 and a old ATI all-in-wonder card would not work.
The ATI card wouldn't even switch to a second X screen.

Tried a Nvidia GeForce 4 card and a 3-year old Nvidia card...
all seemed to go well.

So, it looks like you can't use Matrox cards with gempak.

---

Second thing.  I tried RedHat 7.3 with gempak.  It won't work with the
second display.  When I do Mike Leuthold way using a second 8-bit X server,
the X server starts up, twm runs, but when running ntl, it says only 2 colors
are
available to use.  It works with RedHat 7.2

In a previous email Jeff sent out:
 >We have a worked up a script that allows 8 bit and 16 bit color tables on
 >red hat 7.1
 >
 >You need to use a function key to go back and forth, but we have it
 >operational on a gnome system...
 >
 >I can send you the script if you desire..

Could I get the script and try it and see if it works with RedHat 7.3?

I've got programs that will only work in a 24-bit display and gempak only in a
8-bit display... This is getting frustrating.

Bryan