Re: DCGRIB

Robert,

What does the gdinfo output show for the number of grids decoded and
max in the file? The size of the decoded file is not an issue unless your
account limits restrict you to that.

Try using dcgrib2 and log the decoder output to see what error messages are
produced with:

dcgrib2 -m 25000 -d eta.log -v 2 eta.gem < eta..

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support