20020424: Eta MOS

>From: "Chris E. Halcomb" <address@hidden>

>I am trying to access the new Eta MOS experimental product, and now need
>your help. I am using the following in the pqact.conf file:
>
># ETA MOS
>WMO    ^..... .... ([0-3][0-9])([0-2][0-9]).*/pMET
>    FILE /res/met/data/ldm/gempak/nwx/mos/etamos/(\1:yy)(\1:mm)\1\2.etamos
>
>Is this correct, or do I need to change something? I am sure that
>the guidata and master tables are correct. Thanks for your time.
>
>Chris Halcomb
>Doctoral Student
>Mesoscale Dynamics Group
>218 Gentry Hall
>Columbia, MO 65211

Chris,

First, your pattern would need 6 "." characters in the first group since
all the WMO headers in the IDD will be of the form TTAAII. You only
show 5.

Second, your /pMET would match many METAR products. You would want to
be more specific, probably using enough of a WMO header to
exclude any METARS, for example 'FO.... etc.....

However, I do not find any experimental ETA MOS bulletins in the
NOAAPORT data stream. I have not seen any administrative messages
that say they have been added. So, you may not find them. What header
do you expect them to be in? What is your reason for believing that
the NWS is broadcasting these on NOAAPORT?

The ETA freezing level forecasts and ETA upper level forecasts are
in the data stream.

Steve Chiswell