20020412: 20020411: Guidance Requested (dcmetr, NWSLI)

Daryl,

Yes, the METAR format isn't the beast when trying to put measurements
into the code that are not typical WMO measurements.

One avenue for this data is FSL's MADIS system (They do distribute
the data in NetCDF files....currently about 4000+ surface stations).
I know that they are always looking for obs. And, if they can do the work to
format/qc/distribute the data, then it saves you lots of time.

I can put you in touch with Patty Miller at FSL if you like.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support