20020405: printing in garp

Robin,

Garp provides a "Save" option under the "File" pulldown
menu on the top bar. "Save" will create gif format output
files from 1 or more frames of the Garp display. There is no
postscript output capability from Garp. You could run
a gif to postscript conversion program on the gif files-
but they will be slightly blocky since GIF is bitmapped.
You would want to change the bakground of the GIF files to white
if you were going to convert them to postscript for printing.
This can be done by poping up the "ncolor" widget and setting the
leftmost color from black to white, or you could do that when
converting the gif to postscript.

For postscript output, you can use the "ps" DEVICE in any of the
standard GEMPAK programs. Also, the output from NMAP/NMAP2 is
postscript- with the option of sending directly to a printer.
The PS driver does not pront the background, so changing that
won't affact the output.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support