20020225: ingestion difficulty

Geff,

What are your pqact.conf entries for dcmetr and dcuair?
Are you using the -e GEMTBL=path feature to set the
environmental variable GEMTBL within pqact.conf, or are you
relying on the decoder inheriting the variable from the LDM user
environment?

Your statement regarding the use of the ldmfail script sounds like when
your ldm is restarted by the script, you are lacking some
of the enviroment that you have in the LDM user account when
your restart the LDM.

Are you logging the decoder output to a log file? If the decoder is not able
to find tables then you will see "[FL -#] errers most likely.

If you aren't using the -e flag to set the environmental variables such
as is shown in the pqact.conf examples:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/pqact/decoders.tbl
I would suggest making that change so that your pqact.conf files are
independent of the .cshrc or .profileenvironment of the LDM user.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support