20020130: Follow-up on color-table issues in garp

Art,

We have been able to configure the Linux X server to
run multiple X displays (vt7/vt8) and hot swap between the
2 using the ctrl-alt-F7/F8. This enables you to
run the full 24 bit environment with gnome etc on one display,
and set the other for pseudo-color. I have used twm as the simple
window manager there.

I've cc'd John Stokes on this message, as he was the one that
configured the machine to run the multiple displays. He should be able
to describe how the configuration is set up. I'd actually like to
get a description of this myself to place in the web documents
for other users as well.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support