20020130: imar2gm.f patch available

Christian,
I have posted the updated $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/im/imar2gm.f routine
to the GEMPAK/patches download area of the portal site as the
file imar2gm.f 5.6.e.1.

As I mentioned yesterday, this fix will be included in the 5.6.f
release. But, if you want to update your current distribution,
download the file to your $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/im
directory, and then rebuild the relevant routines with:

cd $GEMPAK/source/gemlib/im
make all
make clean

cd $GEMPAK/source/programs
make all
make install
make clean

cd $NAWIPS/nprogs
make all
make install
make clean

cd $GARPHOME
make all
make install
make clean

cd $NAWIPS/unidata/programs
make all
make install
make clean

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

>From: Unidata User Support <address@hidden>

Christian,

GEMPAK can display the GINI images in their raw format. However,
I found out from Tom that when you copy the images from the ADDE server,
it stores the data as an AREA file. The AREA file changes the projection
of the GINI as a special case of TANC rather than the general case of LCC.
GEMPAK does not recognize the TANC projection identifier, since it
uses the single LCC projection for both secant and tangent cone
projections. I will add the TANC identifier to GEMPAk 5.6.f so
that GEMPAK will recognize that type of AREA file as well.

You can view the AREA files from the Unidata/Wisconsin (MCIDAS) data
feed that you are receiving from the IDD as/is.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support