20011129: Mac X & X windows with Unidata apps

Paul,

Check to make sure your mac X server is configured to run in 8 bits.

Use the xdpyinfo program to verify that the default display has
an 8 bit depth.

Generally you can pass the X program the -depth flag on startup.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support