20010912: time intervals, surface data

>From: Thomas Don Aratari <address@hidden>

>Hello all.. I was wondering if I could change the surface data to
>display in hour intervals instead of the default 20 min intervals.. is
>this configurable?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Thomas

Thomas,

Yes. In sfmap, if you are displaying a DATTIM range, use the interval
as 1 hour, eg: DATTIM=1200-1800-0100 will produce times
of 1200, 1300, 1400, 1500, 1600, 1700 and 1800.

In NMAP/NMAP2, use a skip factor of 2 as shown near the bottom of
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/nmap_data.html
or click on the times desired.

In Garp, Select individual times from a list of times in the menu
by using the "ctrl + left_mouse_button"option to pick separate
times (rather than a range).

Or, if you really don't want the off times in the decoded data file,
change the -m 72 on the dcmetr decoder invocation to -m 24. The dcmetr
decoder will only decode the +20 and +40 observations when the -m value
is 72.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support