20010910: Question concerning Gempak (fwd)

Mike,

The GEMPAK environmental variables are defined in the $NAWIPS/Gemenviron
file. This file must be sourced into the csh environment of
all users that wish to use GEMPAK as described in the
GEMPAK setup and configuration documents.

Typically, if you follow the pqact.conf examples posted on the
GEMPAK web pages, you must define in your Gemenviron file the
local settings for:

GEMDATA, SAT, RAD, MODEL, HDS

These environmental variables are used by the NMAP and GARP configuration
files in $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl and $GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults
respectively. If you use the pqact.conf examples I provide, then
you will not have to changes the gui configuration files.

Most of the variables mentioned above are relative to the $GEMDATA
location which is the top of your GEMPAK data tree (typically under
the ~ldm/data link you use for the LDM).

Steve Chiswell