20010828: Adding LUT tabels to Garp

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

>I have discovered both in the Unidata binary distribution
>and locally compiled versions that GARP(5.6d) will crash with a segmentation
>fault if I add new .tbl files to $GEMTBL/luts and the same list added
>to $GARPHOME/tables/sat_enhance.tbl.  This occurs on Solaris 8 SPARC
>here at Universal with the GEMPAK Unidata binaries and a local compile
>and with Solaris x86 as well (NSBF..just easier to combine the
>two since it is a bug report).  This worked fine under GEMPAK 5.6c...
>I just copied these files over from the 5.6c dist.  The files are
>just modified NIDS radar lut files.
>
>Thanks,
>Robert Mullenax

Robert,

I added 30 additional enhancement files to the $GARPHOME/tables/sat_enhance.tbl
file and don't have any problems under Solaris (or IRIX).

Does garp die on launching, or does it dies when you try to
pop up the enhancement widget (which is when the sat_enhance.tbl
file is loaded into the widget). Or does it die when you actually try to
change the enhancement to the new file by clicking on the label?

Perhaps the easiest thing to do is to tar and send me the $GEMTBL/luts
directory and the $GARPHOME/tables/sat_enhance.tbl file.

cd $NAWIPS
tar cvf enhancemod.tar gempak/tables/luts comet/garp/tables/sat_enhance.tbl

Presumably you have copied the 5.6.c tables into the 5.6 $GEMTBL/luts. Even
without that, I just get a message that the table is not found when running
"garp -verbose 9".

The only limit I see in the code is MAXLIST = 10000.

Steve Chiswell