20010827: cursor garea+ question.

Stonie,

I was out of town last week so I don't know the result of this thread.

Was your question in regards to GAREAX from cursor in the text based programs?

Release notes from 5.6.b:

V.  General Improvements

    A.  Extended Zoom Option (TPC)

    A new zoom option (extended) has been added to GEMPAK and NMAP/NMAP2
    programs.  The extended zoom attempts to fill the entire display area.
    It uses either the width or the height of the zoom box to define the zoom
    area and fills the window, appropriately.  By contrast, the old zoom
    (non-extended) uses the corner points of the zoom box to define the
    zoom area which may not necessarily fill the window.  In GEMPAK programs,
    the extended zoom is enabled by setting the CURSOR variable to GAREAX before
    zooming with the box.  The extended zoom is used by default in NMAP/NMAP2.
    It can be turned off by deselecting it under the Option pull-down.

I see that the $NAWIPS/versions/release_notes/v5.6 directory should probably
have all the README files for 5.6, instead of just the latest release.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport