20010726: 20010726: running GEMPAK5.6 decoders

James, from your message below, your gempak logs should be in
/data/logs/dchrly.log and /data/logs/dcgrib.log.
Make sure the /data/logs directory exists, since GEMPAK won't create
the log directory.

Dcmetr entry you have is decoding into /gempak/data/surface. Again, make sure
that
directory exist. Dcmetr won't create the data directory either.

Dcgrib2 uses the $GEMTBL/grid/gribkey.tbl file to define the data directory
used for each type of grid data it finds. The table as I provide it
is set to decode under the ~ldm/data/gempak/model/ directory (eg,
the paths in gribkey.tbll are data/gempak/model...relative to the running
LDM. To display this data in nmap, make sure the MODEL environmental variable
is correctly defined in Gemenviron.

You will have to modify those paths acccordingly to your system. Dcgrib2 will
create directory paths as it needs.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport