20010726: running GEMPAK5.6 decoders

James,

If your gempak was installed as a different user than
the LDM is running as:
It might be that your LDM account doesn't have file permission
to read in your GEMPAK 5.6 directory, in particular
the bin/sol directory, the $GEMTBL/stns files,
$GEMTBL/pack files and $GEMTBL/grid files. If necessary
do a "chmod -R a+r 5.6" if your umask setting
does not allow the LDM user to read the GEMPAK files.

Check your ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log file for any clues about
trying to fire up dcmetr or dcgrib2. Or the
$GEMDATA/logs files that they try to create.

You can run "ldd $GEMEXE/dcmetr" or "ldd $GEMEXE/dcgrib2"
to make sure that all the shareable libraries are being found.

Steve Chiswell