20010628: Gempak<-dss/sfc adp

John,

I'd be happy to help you with this data. I'll give you the parameters
of my time constraints. I need to get a new GEMPAK release out shortly
so that I can get all the documentation updated for the GEMPAK workshop
July 30-Aug 1. I will also be updating the workshop materials.

After that, I am fairly free until Aug 18-26 when I'll be out of town.

I can probably help you most readily with the steps of programming
to create the GEMPAK file and write out the data etc. once you
have your adp stubs acessing the input data.

The primary output to a GEMPAK file will be the fortran REAL data
array. GEMPAK is well versed with routines to query the data set to see
if a station has reported data at a time, so that you can merge
your archived data into the mix.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support