20010608: 20010606: Decoding upper-air data manually with dcuair: time problem

Christian,

I didn't see that CYVP made a 12Z sounding that day.
Several possible explanations:

1) CYVP could have coded the observation incorrectly (eg used local time
rather than UTC time).

2) The data was retransmitted, if it was not received earlier.

You'd have to contact the office in question to find out why they coded the time
as 7Z. You could see if the data "seem" to fit a 12Z profile if you believe
that the coded time is incorrect.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support