20010502: gdradr Composite

Mike,

I am putting together a tutorial that hopefully will help
you set up your radar product generation. I'm sure
that the community would be interested an any collaboration.

I plan on creating some grib format messages for the FNEXRAD
feed (so that users of other packages can use them as well)
from the gdgrib program on the grid file output from gdradr
of the N0R US mosaic and a floater (if a university is willing
to take the responsibility of picking the floater region).

Currently, the GEMPAK distribution I make has a 400,000
maximum gridpoint size (reconfigurable at compile time
by the user). The CONUS region can be represented by
a 4 to 6km grid in under 400,000 grid points.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support