20010426: Problem with creating sfc and ua OA grids

Kevin,

If you can view the data satisfactorify, that means your use of the
dc decoders is fine.

That leaves your use of some soosac oa scripts as the likely
problem in generating your grid files.

The first thing that strikes me is that you are specifying your area
as US with in your call to the soosac routine (not my script!).
Remember that oagrid will use a CED projection.
Try plotting GAREA=us with PROJ=CED in gpmap and you get a region that
looks very similar to the domain you had contours in your attatched gif
(basically you will be chopping off the North and West parts of the US.

You might try "us-" with CED to give you a better domain coverage
of North America.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support