20010405: One fix and more garp items

>From: LUIS M FARFAN <address@hidden>

>Steve
>
>First, let me tell you that I followed your instructions and was able
>to have the
>problem related with the level widget solved. Thanks for your help.
>
>There are a few more items that are associated with the configuration of garp
>and I want to take this opportunity to let you know about them. I did check
>the content of the file $GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults and I was not able
>to find the modifications I need to make.
>
>1) Is it possible to change the color of the frame backgroud?
>      Currently, this is black and is good for most of my applications. Howeve
> r,
>       there are times when I would like to make it white.

Pop open the ncolor program (from ntl or command line and use the far left
(color 0) location to changethe default background color at any time.

>2) In the displays of "model plan views", it seems that there is a
>skip parameter
>      of 2. This is obvious if the individual values at the grid
>points are requested.
>      Do I have a way to modify this parameter to zero and, then, have all the
>       grid points plotted?

Use the "depictables" menu and set the symbol packing to the highest value,
eg to the right. You can decrease the font used by setting the text size
to the far left.

>3) In my version of garp (gempak5.6a), the default enhancement table
>for IR/GOES
>      imagery is "sabir" and I would like to change to default to
>another enhancement
>      table. How can I do this?

Edit the $GEMTBL/sat/imgtyp.tbl file and change the sabir enhancement to
a different one, or GRAY for the desired band and platform.

>Thank you,
>--
>Luis M Farfan.

Steve CHiswell