Re: 20010306: nmap2 and case study imagery

Chiz,
I did make John's change before I made nmap2, so that shouldn't be the problem
(besides, doesn't nmap use the same routine?).  Your second point may offer a
clue, because I don't see ALL the times in the directory at once.  I hadn't
realized the I should, necessarily.  I'm getting at most 47 times displayed
(fewer if I set the time to something closer to the beginning of the case
study) even though there are 109 files in ${CASE}/images/sat/GOES-8/4km/IR.
Sorry I didn't make that clear before.

Clint

>To: Clint Rowe <address@hidden>
>cc: address@hidden
>Subject: 20010306: nmap2 and case study imagery
>Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 09:25:54 -0700
>From: Unidata Support <address@hidden>
>

>Clint,
>Last time, I sent you the nmap2 binary with John Horel's suggestion
>for the surface selection. I'm gussing that since you had to compile
>nmap2 yourself to fix the gid/uid bug, you may not have that fix
>in place- unless you added it from the email I sent you. I don't know if
>this is the same problem as with the surface data or not.
>
>The other problem I've banged my head on is the total number of files in a
>directory- which for case studies might be large- that would generally be a
>problem if you didn't see all your times available. Probably not the
>case here.
>
>Anyhow, let me know if you need me to send you the data selection widget
>fix again and if that makes a difference.
>
>Steve Chiswell
>

>>From: Clint Rowe <address@hidden>
>
>>Chiz,
>>
>>I have the nprogs working with archive data now, with one exception that has
>>me stumped (again).  nmap will load any of the imagery I want (satellite or
>>radar), but nmap2 will not.  Both are being invoked from the same ntl session,
>>so they have the same environment settings.  When I do "Select Time" in nmap2,
>>the dates and times displayed reflect accurately the files that are available.
>>Then, when I make a selection, the background map switches to the proper
>>projection, but the image is not displayed.  I checked the support archives
>>and don't see anything about this, so I thought I'd ask.  Again, nmap works
>>fine, the problem is only with nmap2.  Also both programs work correctly
>>with real-time data and the filenames used for case study and real-time data
>>have the same format.
>>
>>Clint
>>
>>====================================================================
>>Clinton M. Rowe
>>Associate Professor
>>Meteorology/Climatology Program                  phone:(402)472-1946
>>Department of Geosciences                          fax:(402)472-4917
>>University of Nebraska-Lincoln                        address@hidden
>>

>**************************************************************************** <
>Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata Program <
>(303)497-8644                                                  P.O. Box 3000 <
>address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO 80307 <
>Unidata WWW Service                        http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/      <

Clinton M. Rowe
Associate Professor
Meteorology/Climatology Program                  phone:(402)472-1946
> [...]

Replied: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 09:25:55 -0700
Replied: Clint Rowe <address@hidden>
Replied: address@hidden