20010404: 20010404: Garp - level widget problem

>From: LUIS M FARFAN <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>
>just to let you know that I did transfer a copy of my eta file to an
>IRIX64 6.5 system. Here, they have gempak5.6a (the same version
>that I run in our OSF1 4.0 machine). I found that garp on this
>system is able to show the list of vertical levels when the
>widget "lev1" is clicked.
>So, our problem seems to be present only in the OSF1 system.
>
>>>Luis,
>>>For my testing purposes, is this under Digital Unix?
>>>Steve Chiswell
>>>Unidata User SUpport
>
>--
>Luis M Farfan.

Luis,

The problem appears to be the way the Digital Unix C compiler is
hanlding type promotion in the use of the sqrt() function in
$GARPHOME/gui/sgridcb.c lines 656 and 721.

You can change these both from:
columns = (int)sqrt(num_layers);
columns = (int)sqrt((double)num_levels);

With the explicit cast to (double) inside the sqrt() function, the
number or columns in the GUI widget will be properly calculated.

After making the change, you can recompile Garp:

cd $GARPHOME
make clean
make all
make install