20010329: gddiag term calculations

Jimmy,

If you don't specify the level of GRDNAM in gddiag, then the LEVEL1 and
LEVEL2 of the resultant grid will be the first 2 levels in the equation
(using gdinfo will show this).

For example, your equation mul(omeg@500,vord) should result in a
grid vorj@500:400 which is probably where you are running in to problems
in the 3rd gfunc expression.

You can work around this in 1 of 2 ways:

1) set the LEVEL1:LEVEL2 in the GRDNAM definition of the output grid

   gfunc = mul(omeg@500,vord)
   glevel = 400:600
   grdnam = vord@400:600

2) rearrange the multiplication so that 400:600 are the first 2 levels

   gfunc = mul(vord,omeg@500)
   glevel = 400:600
    grdnam = vord

You can explicitly define all of the @, % and ^ inline definitions in the GRDNAM
expression, so you could define a term  as being valid on a different level-
for instance if your result of the equation was surface vorticity using the
sutpet terms, you could have grdnam=vor@0%none.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support