20010316: model keys / labels

>From: Thomas Don Aratari <address@hidden>

>I have a question about configuring the model keys and labels in the
>Garp_Defaults.
>
>I know for example that the ETA Grid #215 is not in the standard
>Garp_Defaults file when you first compile (I just compiled the newest
>version). So My question is this:
>If I add it to the modelkey and label, do I have to do anything else?
>
>for example,
>
>if I added modelkey eta215 and label it like "Grid 215 (20km) CONUS", do I
>have to do anything in the /yin1/sources/GEMPAK/comet/garp/fdf/scalar or
>vector directories?
>
>When i did something like this in the past, the professors here complained
>about the scalar and vector options not matching up.. I just added the
>label and key and that was it.
>
>Thanks,
>Thomas

>Thomas Aratari                 address@hidden
>UofM ITD Contract Services     Unix System Administration
>Pager: 670-3861                        E-Page: address@hidden
>AOSS Building - LDM/Sys Admin          (734) 764-4584
>Medical Science Building II - Sys Admin        (734) 763-5558

Thomas,
The modelkey is used in the scalar and vector fdf directories. By default,
if you don't have a directory for eta215 in those directories, it just
uses the "default" directory which has very few functions.

If you just wanted to have the same options for eta215 as eta212 for example,
you could just create a link from eta212 to eta215 for example.
The one thing to note is that eta215 on NOAAport is primarily surface
and boundary layer parameters, so some of the eta212 fdf options
won't be applicable.

Steve Chiswell