20010129: gempack problem

>From: "John C. Nordlie" <address@hidden>

>Hi, Me again :).
>       I installed the linux version of gempak on a FreeBSD box running
>linux emulation mode.  glibc 2.8.1 is installed.  Here is the error:
>
>/usr/local/gempak/bin/linux/sflist: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.1.3'
>not found (required by /usr/local/gempak/bin/linux/sflist)
>
>What do I need to do differently?

John,

The linux binary was compiled under RedHat 7.0 using gcc version 2.96.
The C library version of RedHat 7.0 is not backwards compatible with
RedHat 6.2, so you probably have the same problem. Does your freeBSD system
come with Motif (libXm)? If so, we can probably build the distribution on your
system if you have g77 installed.

Steve Chiswell