20010126: Attn: Steve Chiswell

Mike,

I think the problem stems from the build in the netcdf directory:

From your log files:
Making `all' in directory /npraid/noaaport/nawips/gempak/source/netcdf-3.=
4/src/libsrc

make[7]: *** No way to make target `ncconfig.h'.  Stop.
make[6]: *** [subdir_target] Error 1
make[5]: *** [libsrc/all] Error 1
make[4]: *** [lnetcdf] Error 1
make[3]: *** [/npraid/noaaport/nawips/netcdf/sol/lib/libnetcdf.a] Error 1=

That "make[]" syntax looks like gnu's gmake and not Sun's make with solaris.

What you probably need to do is type "which make". This should respond
with "/usr/ccs/bin/make" on any solaris machine. Any other path is suspect.
If you aren't getting the correct "make", then set you path so that
you get the correct one in your path first, eg:

cd $NAWIPS
setenv PATH /usr/ccs/bin:${PATH}
make clean
make all