20010104: nmap/nmap2 data display

>From: David Fitzgerald <address@hidden>

>Hi,
>
>I am having trouble getting NMAP to display Gridded and Obs data.  I've looked
>
>through the support archives and played around with the $GEMTBL/nmap/mod_res.t
> bl
>and put the data paths in the $GEMTBL/config/datatype.tbl file with no luck.
>Is there some online documentation on how to set up NMAP to find data other th
> an
>looking through the support archives?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Dave
>
>++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>David Fitzgerald
>System Administrator            Phone: (717) 871-2394
>Millersville University        Fax: (717) 871-4725
>Millersville, PA 17551                 E-mail: address@hidden

Dave,

I included information about the template file in:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/filetemplates.html

One thing to check is that in $NAWIPS/Gemenviron, the environmental variable
MODEL is defined as $GEMDATA/model. HRS is defined as $GEMDATA/hrs. These
2 directories are the same here (symbolic link). You night need to configure the
MODEL environmental variable to point to your model data directory.

The template file datatype.tbl has locations which look like:
ETA          $MODEL                    YYYYMMDDHH_eta211.gem .....

In Garp, all the gridded data are expected to be under one directory (eg $HRS).
GEMPAK/NMAP will allow you to have model data in any number of separate
directories using the template file...but I have configured $MODEL and
$HRS to be the same so that you can use both programs with the same directory
structure.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support.