20001220: number of times in file in nmap2

John,

I encountered similar problems when placing all the radar coded message
grids (HAXA00 KWBC) in a single daily file.

The problem was the length of the string that is used to return all the times
in a file. In the 5.6.A release I made yesterday:
$GEMPAK/source/programs/gui/nmap2/nmap_dslw.c,
you will find in: void dslw_layerSet(layer)

 * Chiz/Unidata         12/00   Increased gdclst size 1024->4096        *

You can see if this value is large enough, or you need to increase it some more.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support